Friday 20 March 2009

Aoi Nanase




I've been looking at this person's artworks for years and I still don't know if its a he or a she (maybe I should find out). I first discovered Aoi's work from the game and anime of Samurai Spirits OVA (old works but still good) and I'm so jealous of his/her style. I've seen the progress, changes and development or Aoi's work and I wish I could do that too.



more recent from the manga (only 1 volumn) Angel Dust.




He/she used to draw and illustrate with copic pens and ink pens which I find really hard to use because it goes everywhere like watercolours. But there's a revolution in digital arts (thank god photoshop) therefore Aoi has moved from inks to computers. I always like his/her artwork because there's many mediums changed but the style remains the same.

http://www.aoinanase.gr.jp/

No comments: